Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about 10 Simple Steps To Living Green and other Green Living topics.
Houseplants have more advantages for your home than just looking pretty. Houseplants can actually filter the air in your house and rid it of pollutants. Follow these guidelines to make your houseplants work for you:
• Keep one houseplant per every 10 square yards to help keep the air clean in that area
• If you mix night synthesizing plants (like orchids) with regular plants, your plants will work around the clock to filter your air
• Use a general mixture of plants to try to filter out as many pollutants as possible
Different plants are good for different pollutants, for example:
• Philodendrons and aloe plants are especially good protection against formaldehyde
• Gerbera daisies, peace lily, and English ivy are good protection against benzene and trichloroethylen